Armonia - the Glowing City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Out of the Storm (Open)
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySun Apr 23, 2017 11:59 pm by Alastoria Ivanesca

» One Piece No Mans Story
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 2:48 pm by Guest

» Dalibor Weyr - A Semi-Canon Pern RP [jcink]
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:49 am by Guest

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySat May 02, 2015 1:40 pm by The Cheshire Cat

» Custom Titles!
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:43 pm by Christian Torres

» And A Song Someone Sings ~ Anyone
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:40 pm by Christian Torres

» Threefold; A Salem inspired supernatural creatures RPG
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyTue Feb 24, 2015 6:54 pm by Guest

» You don't know me? [Eoin]
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 1:47 am by Alvina Stark

» Faolan Dinfar || wip
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 5:53 am by Faolan Dinfar

» Lehigh Riding Academy // Riding Academy Set In Rural PA, USA
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 12:41 pm by Arielle Riviera

» WICKED GRACE - A Dragon Age Inquisition RP
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyFri Dec 12, 2014 2:37 pm by Guest

» waking up to ash and dust [maleficent]
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:24 pm by Maleficent

» The GIF Game!
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 4:17 am by Princess Felicity Mercer

» A new friend [Alora]
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 2:17 pm by Guest

» Category Clean-Up!
Trotting through the Trees [Open] EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:50 pm by Arielle Riviera

Chatbox
Affiliates
Member Sites

Sites We <3
Keep the Magic Secret

We're featured at:

Trotting through the Trees [Open]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trotting through the Trees [Open] Empty Trotting through the Trees [Open]

Post by Sicarius Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:30 am

The mountains loomed with foggy peaks, the low hanging cloud hanging just below the tree line. The air was still and relatively warm, with the occasional rustle that made bits of snow slip off the edge of the trees. Occasional rocks littered the ground, with massive trees with thick trunks reaching up to touch the sky; snow littered their surfaces.

Sicarius trotted along a small path on horseback. His breath came out in small puffs of cloud that floated above his head and disappeared. Not a bird chirped and silence echoed through the trees. The mountains had a comforting aura to them, reminding him of his home…
Reining Fortuna to a halt, he closed his eyes and breathed in the sharp winter air and frosty forest smells. The silence brought him peace.

His hooded gaze travelled around, trying to soak up everything at once. He had taken a nice, relaxing ‘break’ away from civilization, but as most trips like those end, it got rather boring.... and lonely. It was now time to bring out swords and saddle and seek out people. People, meaning others interested in learning what he had to offer, or those curious enough to pester him. Perhaps upon entering the city, he may stir up mischief.

A screech made him shift in his saddle and turn around. Avis, his falcon, was announcing his return. The magnificent bird flapped to a halt and perched on the assassin's waiting arm. It fluttered in what sounded like annoyance, then remained silent.

Exhaling loudly, he flicked the reins and carried on. There was still far to go.
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trotting through the Trees [Open] Empty Re: Trotting through the Trees [Open]

Post by James Mercer Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:51 am

James was out in the forest scouting for the kings men and preparing a ambush when he noticed a man riding toward his position, so James looked carefully at the approaching horse and it rider, he then saw that it was not one of the kings soldier, at least not one of his army, thus James decided to not attack.
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alora Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 am

Nothing like a morning canter to start the day off, Alora thought with a content smile as she and Artemis wove in and out of the trees. The wind in her hair, the feel of Artemis beneath her, the icy nip of the snowy air - this was why she rode.

The pegasus slowed down, giving a soft snort, seemingly amused by seeing her breath appearing as puffs of cloud. Unlike most of the other horses that Alora kept at the stables, Artemis loved the winter, especially the snow.

A screech broke the still frosty air and Alora watched as a falcon gracefully circled the air, as if in search of someone. Moments later it flew down and that's when she noticed the lone rider up ahead, making the long journey into the city. Her steed was suddenly overjoyed at the prospect of meeting another equine on this ride, and possibly an equine she'd never met before. With a joyous whinny, she set off in a gallop to catch up to the rider, ignoring her owner's attempts to rein her in. She was the stable's biggest mischief-maker and the only horse that regularly refused to listen to her owner simply because she'd gotten her own bright idea about what she wanted to do instead.

Snow flying out behind them, the pair soon caught up to the trio ahead. Once again having her own ideas in regards to greetings, the horse ran up ahead and planted herself a metre in front of the stranger, giving a stomp and a whicker in greeting.

"Arti," Alora growled. "Stop it." She looked up at the stranger and gave an apologetic smile. "Sorry, she's not usually like this." A tiny white lie can't hurt. "I'm Alora. Heading into town, too?"
Alora
Alora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:15 am

'We are not alone.' The air seemed to whisper as Sicarius trotted along down the road. Something was moving about in the snow, somewhere out in the woods; it came in small, faint ripples or air. His eyes flicked left and right, absorbing information where possible. Finding little, he decided it was best to push it away for the time being. So long as who ever it was didn't bother him, he had no quarrel in return.

Thump. Thadda Thump. Thadda thump.

Sicarius, already at a slow trot, lightly pulled Fortuna to a halt. The mare snorted, and jerked her head at the sudden apperance of the other. It wasn't normal for the three of them to encounter a person this soon after setting off. She stomped and gave a small whinny in responce. Avis joined in the greetings with a screech and a flutter of surprised feathers.

Sicarius sat silently in his saddle for a minute. This person didn't seem dangerous, or that much of a threat to be honest. The other was out for a ride, for more or less the same reason he was.

"Yes," He admitted. 'Not normall like this?' He thought, amused. Wow... DEFINITELY believable, but it was really of no concern of his.
"I appear to be headed in that direction."

"My name is Sicarius. This is Fortuna," He gave a small nod toward his horse. "And this, is Avis." He gestured with his hand toward the falcon, who chirped and scwabbled in what appeared to be annoyance.

Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:59 am

James continued to observe the rider, it was then he heard another horse approach, thus causing him to look for the second horse and determined that the rider was also not a soldier of the king army. James noticed the two riders having a conversation, and because in his current location, James could not hear what they were saying, he started to move closer when he stepped on a twig, making noise. James then drew out his sword in case the two were hostile, after James had drew out his sword he waited to see the reactions of the two, ready to fight if needed.
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alora Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:39 pm

Noting Sicarius's amused expression she gave a sheepish grin. "Ok, she does this quite a bit. Usually only around either new horses or ones she hasn't seen in forever. She's a bit headstrong." Her grin became apologetic. "Sorry about that. Hadn't actually planned on interrupting like this. Nice to meet you, and that's Artemis," she added, with a nod to her horse as she pulled her in line with Fortuna.

It was nice to meet him - that much wasn't a lie. The blonde enjoyed meeting others on her rides in the forest, especially others that rode and enjoyed it. "I'm heading that way too, so if you'd like some company..." she suggested with a shrug. "I think Arti would love the company of Fortuna, anyway."

As a twig broke nearby, Artemis sharply turned her head in the direction of the noise. She might be headstrong but nothing could scare her. One of the things that Alora loved about her - attentive, yes; skittish, no. "Who's there? she called out, before spotting the man. Oh great, just what the morning lacked - someone brandishing a sword, she thought sarcastically. The man's uniform was similar to the ones the King's army wore, but why would he be out here, and here alone?

"Who are you?"
Alora
Alora

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:50 pm

"James Mercer, and who are you?" James said in a neutral tone, while keeping his sword down but ready to attack in case, he then looked at the two and said "I mean no harm to you, but in my line of work you have to be paranoid so forgive the drawn sword."
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 am

Sicarius honestly didn't mind the company, in fact it would help him get used to the loudy, chattery life in the town. Besdies, it would cut the silence of the forest. Her chatter was amusing and friendly, which made him give a small smile.
Fortuna flicker her ears happily as the Artemis was drawn into line.

"Company would be nice, I suppose. It'll make the time pass quicker." He flicked Fortuna into motion. "Besides, I agree. Fortuna hasn't seen other horses in quite some time." That much was true, in fact, neither of them had been in any kind of good company.

The sound of a blade being drawn pulled him to a halt. His eyes snapped over to the sound, his head slowly following after. It was a man, and dressed as a soldier. Could it be that he had recognized him? It had been a while since Sicarius had been hired as an assassin, but it was very possible. Any move the other made could result in a fight, in which Sicarius had the height advantage of a horse. Regardless, he stayed very still; calm and composed.

'James Mercer,' His eyes narrowed in thought. 'No attempt to name a title, or rank, so it's possible he isn't a soldier.'
"Paranoid in your line of work..." He said cooly, and almost snappish. "And what would that be?" It was best to keep his name a secret for now, just in case this turned sour.
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:03 am

"My line of work, the name depends on whom you ask, some call me a terrorist, some call me a freedom fighter, well you can call me either one, now what are your names, I have told you mine." James said as he observed the two in case they decided to attack him, at the same time James scanned the surroundings to see if anyone else was approaching, James then decided to take a chance and assume that these two are not hostile, so he put back his sword and said "Ok then, brandishing the sword doesn't exactly give a good image does it, just don't make me regret putting it away."
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Alora Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:17 am

Alora almost rolled her eyes at the man's reply. But she stopped herself in time; she was after all raised to be polite. Being a freedom fighter would make sense if the kingdom that they lived in was oppressive and corrupt, but that was not the case. The King ran his kingdom well and the people were happy. Sure, maybe he did harbour a few personal grudges, but who didn't? And it wasn't his fault if there were some who felt dissatisfied - you couldn't please everyone. A revolution seemed hardly necessary with him running the kingdom.

"I'm Alora. The stables owner," she replied simply. She might have been more friendly about the entire matter, but having a sword pulled on her was the type of thing that cooled a girl's friendliness like nothing else. "What are you doing here? And where are your men?" A pause. "Assuming, of course that you're not the only one involved in this 'cause'..."
Alora
Alora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:18 am

Sicarius frowned. Freedom fighters and the whole King related world were really no concern of his. It didn’t matter who was in charge; so long as Sicarius could make a living, there was no real need to bother.

”I am Sicarius.” If he was known to this ‘freedom fighter’, then it didn’t really matter. He would follow the same cover he had been suing for ages, and while Sicarius loved teaching, it was always best to use it as a cover. Nothing wrong with being a teacher, but then again there’s nothing wrong with using it as a fall safe’.

”I’m a teacher.” His continued as his eyes narrowed, still on the cautious side. ”As for good image, I’ll certainly agree that you didn’t make a very good or impressive one.” He said dryly. Avis chirped loudly from his perch, and then fluttered up to a small leather spot on his master’s shoulder. It was if the bird knew that the former assassin wanted both hands free.

Sicarius reined Fortuna to face the road as before, in case he needed a getaway and to show that he wasn’t really interested.

“Regret putting it away? Huh… Well, I promise you that any quarrel here, is what you bring with you.”
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:31 am

"Reasonable words, I will not preform any hostile actions against you unless it is needed." James said in his friendliest tone to the situation, he then noticed Alora and knew her basic thought about the king from her expressions and how she replied to him when he revealed what he was doing, he then replied in a respectful manner "Madam, I am not alone, I may be fighting against superior numbers but, I am not entirely mad, only a truely mad man would fight against the king's army all by himself."
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Game-Master Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 pm

The leaves above the trio's heads began to rustle as a breeze picked up, sounding like they were whispering worriedly to each other. The branches bowed their assent over the whispers; this was not a friendly wind.

The sky began to darken rapidly, as if someone had decided to throw a cloak over the entire forest. The wind began to howl, a hungry beast looking for its next victim. The branches were swaying violently now, leaves being ripped off and cast every which way, unwilling dancers in this stormy show.

A nervous neigh was heard from bellow, hoofs trampling the ground worriedly as the equines waited for their owners' next commands. A fat drop of water landed on the head of the pegasus, then another and another.

The storm wasn't planning on taking any prisoners.
Game-Master
Game-Master
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:56 am

Sicarius' eyes narrowed, although it was almost impossible to see beneath his deep hood. The fact that this 'rebel' was not alone did not ease his conscious any. Although Sicarius was confident in his abilities, he could still be nervous.
He took a silent, steading breath, but exhaled loudly.
This seemed more like a battle between Alora and Mr. Freedom Fighter. All the assassin knew was hired by who payed most, and now that he taught his teachings along, it was more or less, still the same way.

Then he felt it.
A small whisper that floated through the leaves.
D'...anger, Look out, Beware...'

Avis, the falcon, screeched from Sicariu's shoulder; there was a flurry of air as the falcon flapped his wings nervously. He looked around and muttered a few chirps before scooting closer to his master's hood.

At least Sicarius wasn't alone in the feeling.
'Thwap.'
Sicarius' head jolted as he looked up suddenly. Pulling in his reins, Fortuna gave a small whinny and a nervous snort.

"As much as I love talking in the rain, I do believe it is best we move along. With haste." He urged.
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:25 am

James looked at the sky and said "Indeed, we have to get to shelter soon, lest the storm kills us, I have other things to do other then die in a storm after all." James then started moving and said "Follow me now, I know a cave near by, if we move quickly we might get to it without getting everything soaked."
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:29 am

((OOC: Due to Alora's current inactivity (she has notified me), I will skip her turn and post. Smile Hope you don't mind.))

Sicarius pulled Fortuna around, doing a one eighty in the middle of the road. As much as he disapproved, he had no choice but to follow. He grunted unhappily.

"Very well, Mr. Mercer. Lead on. I hope this place is close by."

Caves were easy to defend against, plus they added shadows easy enough to hide in. In the event that this 'cave' turned ugly, Sicarius would be safe. As usual. A small feeling in his stomach told him it would be alright, and he had learned to trust his gut, but still.. the feeling lurked.
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:05 am

OOC: No problem

"OF course it is not near by, because if it was, I would have defiantly not said that if we would move quickly, we would not get too wet." James said sarcastically, James then started to lead the way to the cave, at the same time, he looked back and said "Now, please do not ask anymore stupid questions."
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 am

Sicarius kept his cool; this figure was clearly proud and confidient in his abilities. Besides, it petty little comments like that got under his skin, Sicarius wouldn't have made it far at all as an assassin.

Rain drops smacked against his hood a little harder as Fortuna kept a steady pace behind Mr. Mercer. Reaching up to his face, Sicarius ensure his face was covered up to his nose, so only his eyes were visible. Not only was it warmer, but Sicarius wanted to remain a secret to this freedom fighter; a small feeling of unease began to dwell inside him.

Avis, the falcon, scooted closer to his master's hood, trying to keep dry and warm. He tucked his head under a wing, keeping one eye poking out to see what was happening.
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alora Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:08 pm

"Now now children, stop bickering," Alora replied coldly, rolling her eyes. Males. Artemis gave a snort as if in agreement, before shaking her head at the fierceness of the rain. With a determined tug at the reins, Artemis trotted up to James and butted him with her nose, an attempt to make him move faster. Alora suppressed a smile and giggle.

A gust of wind made the blonde shiver, despite her cloak. Not having expected this weather she had worn her light cloak, the one that was only any good against the wind. Against the rain - not so much. The cloak was already beginning to hang limply around her shoulders, not able to withstand the water onslaught. Gods, I hope we get to this cave soon...

Looking back to where Sicarius was riding, she smiled slightly at the antics of his falcon. Someone definitely didn't like the rain. At least she wasn't the only one.

"Come now, Mr Mercer, surely it can't be too much further...?"
Alora
Alora

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm

"Bickering, we're we bickering, I actually thought we were being the best of friends." James said even more sarcastic then ever, after that James moved forward and pointed to a cave nearby, James then said "Why that is defiantly not the cave I am speaking of, and that is most certainly not a cave."
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:29 am

Sicarius glanced at Alora through the corner of his eye as she shivered. As much as he would like to help, there actually wasn't much he could do. He flicked the reins to catch upto the pair. Mercer's sarcasim would surely drive him insane.

The cave was dark and cool, but certainly dry. Pulling into the mouth of the cave, he quietly dropped to the floor. Reaching up to his falcon, Sicarius rubbed the bird's cheek gently as he studied the cave.
Holding out his arm, Avis hopped down to perch ontop of it. Stretching up tall, he flapped the water from his wings. Setting the feathers in place, he shook the water from his head.

"You said you knew of the cave... are you sure it's uninhabited?"

With a wave of his hand, the wind scuttled the dirt away from him as Sicarius walked into the middle of the mouth of the cave. With a flick of his wrist, Avis flew off into the darkness with a scream. Walking back to his horse, he began removing the bags and saddle, setting them into a neat little stack. If there was something else in this cave, Avis would find it.
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alora Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 am

"Oh shut up, Mercer," Alora growled, a scowl crossing her features at the man's words. The woman had a strong urge to slap him right now. Alora wasn't sure how she was going to survive this storm sharing an enclosed space with him. She'd probably end up kicking him out into the rain within the first ten minutes.

It wasn't much warmer in the cave than it had been outside, but at least it was dry. That st least was something to be thankful for. Sliding off Artemis, Alora looked around the cave. It seemed empty, but looks could be deceiving. "Well, if it does turn out that we've arrived just in time for some dragon's breakfast, we'll just feed James to it first," she commented with a grin.

Taking her cloak off, she wrung it, watching the excess water dribble into a puddle at her feet. Artemis came over to give her mistress a nuzzle before deciding to take a page out of Avis's book and rid her wings of water too. She ignored Alora's squeals of protest as droplets went flying in every direction. Having finished that, she lay down and opened up a wing, an invitation to the blonde to come and warm up underneath it.

With a tender smile, Alora rubbed the lovely creature's nose. "I will soon." She watched Sicarius unpacking for a moment. "So..." she began, wanting to break the silence that was threatening to descend, "first time in Armonia?"
Alora
Alora

Back to top Go down

Post by James Mercer Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:20 am

"If you say so." James said as he looked around the cave, after that he said in a more serious tone "It was uninhibited the last time I cam, but we never know." After that James started to walk around the cave trying to see if their were anyone else inside the cave.
James Mercer
James Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sicarius Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 am

A laugh escaped Sicarius' lips as the pegasus shook water from its wings. He gave Fortuna a small nose rub. 'There you are.' He thought to himself, giving his horse another pat.

"A dragon? I hardly doubt so; no signs of it." He mused. Although he wished there would have been, exciting and special creatures dragons are! He pulled his hood and a cloak off, leaving it to attempt to dry over a large rock.
Pulling down his face mask, he ruffled water from his spikey hair with one hand.

"Not my first, but I don't live around here." He smiled, walking back toward the middle of the room. He was waiting for Avis to return, while also managing to keep an eye on Mercer in case he finds something interesting.
"I come in to visit now and again. Although I generally don't stay for too long.

What about you?"
Sicarius
Sicarius
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alora Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:18 pm

"It would make for an exciting morning though," Alora stated with a grin. She'd only seen a dragon once in her life, when she was very little. Rather beautiful creatures, in their own way. "Have you ever seen one before?"

She sat down on the cold cave floor, leaning against her white steed who instantly covered her with her wing to keep the blonde warm. "Even better than a cloak - my very own wing blanket," she said with a giggle, giving Arti a pat. "I live here, have done so all my life. So no, not my first time," she replied with a chuckle. "I own the stables in town. Or riding academy, as the posher folk like to call it. It's been my dream since I was little to own my own stables and teach people to ride." She smiled at the thought. She'd been riding and caring for the beautiful creatures since she could remember, so it wasn't any wonder that she now worked with horses for a living. No job more perfect for me than this...

"So you said you were a teacher. Do you teach at Kiara's Academy?"
Alora
Alora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next